Tuesday, June 30, 2009

come on...give me some feedback...

hello all female runners..i am waiting to hear from you:)

blogging is a lot harder than i realized. i love creating the posts, but getting people to read your blog is a bit challenging. but i love a challenge and will persevere. it is a lot like running. you have to work up to the "race". so i guess i am in the training stage of social media. but i am learning and getting fit.

if you are reading this, be sure to see my blog from day one. there are lots of questions on there for you. i need to put it in a survey format. work with me. i am learning. but i seriously want your feedback. i really want to create a blog and website for all female runners. beginners, experienced, etc. it will be for all of us.

running has been such an important part of my life for years, and i want others to share in the passion. have i won major races or coached? no. i simply love running for running.

so come on...run..and while running think about what you want to see on a blog and website. i, also, want to develop an apparell line so think about what is missing in running clothes. what do you want? fabric? colors? prints? cuts? reflective material? etc.?

cannot wait to hear from all of you.

let's get running. we are all belladonnarunning..beautiful women running.

michele

2 comments:

  1. First of all, this is just Sloane following this blog, not my husband, Robert.
    I'm glad you've created this blog, Michele. Here's my 2cents. I'm trying to get back in to running after giving birth to my 9 1/2 month old son, but I find that I tend to, uh, urinate a bit when I run. I prob should not run for a while longer... I just don't know. Walking just does not give me the same workout, plus running is more empowering. O.k. but when I do run I d not like to wear those little running shorts. I prefer plain ol' cotton draw string mid-thigh short. O.k. gotta go- happy blogging & running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sloanne -
    so good to hear from you. congratulations on your baby boy. that is so exciting. and i am so proud of you for creating the time to run with a new baby. yay! it is so good for you and not to early to start back up (unless your ob/gyn says to wait).

    urinary incontinence after giving birth is pretty common. some women leak urine when they cough (like myself) and others when they run, etc. it is a nuisance...but there are some "things" you can try:

    1. empty your bladder completely before you go out for a run.
    2. do not consume lots of fluid 1-2 hours before you run.
    3. wear a tampon during your run. be sure to take it out after the run.
    4. do kegel exercises - lay on your back (i do it sitting sometimes too) and pretend there is a marble in your vagina. squeeze the marble. tighten and relax ten times. i have a friend who does this exercise whenever she stops at a red light while driving.

    just a few things to try..i would, also, recommend this great website:
    www.kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/uiwomen/index.htm

    and thank you for the feedback on running shorts. i am trying to design some shorts that meet the needs of women. so mid thigh and 100% cotton sounds good. what about patterns? solids? and why do you prefer cotton over nylon or other materials?

    thanks so much for running with me. please keep in touch.

    take care and happy running!
    michele

    ReplyDelete