Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, Sunday...

Hello everyone! Yesterday slipped away from me, and I did not get a chance to blog. I did run 6 miles though. Yay!

But today's run (Sunday) was even better. It was one of the runs that makes me realize why I love running sooo much. The run seemed effortless and meditative. I don't even remember a lot of the run because I was in my zone. It all came together and felt right. This is why I love running.

Not only did I get a great workout all around (I ended up going 9 miles), but I felt wonderful. Not once did I feel sore or tired. It was just one of those days. Thank you:)

As a runner, we all know that there are good running days and not so good running days. But it is the good days that make it so worth it. That lead to us being passionate about the sport.

And there is no way to predict how you are going to feel until you get out there and start moving. I must admit that I was feeling a bit tired (we went blueberry picking yesterday morning and then had a cookout at our house last night) when I was lacing up my shoes. But from experience, I know to keep going through the motions to see how I feel once I get outside.

A few minutes into it, I felt great. And then I just went with it. The meditation mode set in, and I felt light and airy. When I got back home I was very energized yet relaxed. Ahhh..

I have a little stiffness now because I don't typically run 9 miles (more 6 miles) but no worries. It simply reminds me of the great run I had this morning.

This is what running is all about. Share your stories with us. Be sure to see my Day One message and send me your feedback. I want to hear from you.

Take care...We are belladonnarunning....

No comments:

Post a Comment